New Kensington, PA – – Bacharach, a leading provider of HVAC-R gas instrumentation, announces the introduction of the MGS-400 Gas Detection Series for commercial and industrial refrigerant and gas leak detectionapplications.
The MGS-400 gas detectors support safety compliance inside of machinery rooms, mechanical equipment rooms, chiller plants, cold storage facilities and walk-in freezers by monitoring for dangerous refrigerant leaks for numerous gases including HFCs, HFOs, HCFCs, CO2, and NH3 (ammonia). The ability to detect refrigerant leaks and quickly initiate alarm systems helps to protect personnel and achieve compliance with safety standards like ASHRAE 15, CSA-B52 and EN 378.
MGS-400 Series Refrigerant Gas Detectors are supported by a mobile app user interface, making configuration, calibration, and maintenance simple and intuitive. Reducing commissioning and installation time, the MGS-400 delivers on efficiency and cost savings while allowing for plug-and-play, pre-calibrated sensor installation and replacement in the field. Using the mobile app and plug and play sensors, gas detectors are installed in significantly less time, for example, 5 minutes vs 25 minutes per detector without training. Calibration certificates can be generated from the mobile app and sent by email or shared to cloud storage platforms.
The optional MGS-408 Gas Detection Controller supports up to eight sensor channels and enables a centralized alarm and power system. With Modbus connectivity, the controller integrates with any facility’s existing building management or automation system. The MGS-408 also connects with Bacharach’s MGS-250 IR-based refrigerant monitor and the dual-sensor MGS-550, allowing for flexibility of individual site requirements. Power and communication connectivity from the controller to all sensors can be done with a single cable in a daisy-chain design.
Key Benefits of the MGS-400 system include:
Regulatory Safety Compliance
- Supports compliance for ASHRAE 15-2013, CSA-B52 and EN 378:2016
- On-board audible and visual alarms
- Alarm relay output to initiate mechanical ventilation or additional horn / strobes
- High and low alarm levels to ensure appropriate response
- Maintains audit trail by generating field calibration certificates through the app
Reduced Installation and Maintenance
- Quick set-up using mobile app to configure alarms and communications, initiate calibration and tests
- Power and connect up to 8 sensor points with the controller
- Plug-and-play, field-replaceable, pre-calibrated sensors
- On-board instrument diagnostics for effective on-site service
- “Service Due” indicator and sensor exposure counter for easy pro-active maintenance
- Minimal training required due to simple user interface
- Temperature compensated measurement of natural refrigerants and halogens down to -40 F/C
- Minimizes false refrigerants alarms with programmable alarm delays
Primary System Components
MGS-410 Gas detector with digital communication, IP66 rated
MGS-450 Gas detector with digital and analog communication, IP66 or IP41 rated
MGS-460 Gas detector with remote sensor, digital and analog communication, IP66 rated
MGS-408 Gas detection digital controller, 8-channels
Mobile Apps Android and iOS user interface apps
For more information visit https://www.mybacharach.com/mgs-400.